Thursday, April 12, 2012

Battleship

Hi everyone! (◕◡◕)

I went to watch Battleship with Nurul today.

IT.

WAS.

EPIC!!!!! (*≧▽≦)♪

Release Date: 18 May 2012
Genre: Action | Sci-Fi
Cast: Liam Neeson, Alexander Skarsgård, Taylor Kitsch, Rihanna, Billy Slaughter
Directors: Peter Berg
Writer: Erich Hoeber, Jon Hoeber
Studio: Universal Pictures

Here's the trailer!

Even though it features the basic plot of "zero-to-hero, loses person who gave the most moral support, becomes someone dependable, gets the girl in the end" was normally found in a lot of other movies of this genre (or shounen anime, like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann), the execution was very well done. Instead of the typical "air-force heroes", this movie features marines as the protagonists (well, it's called Battleship for a reason lol). There was a balanced amount of comedy, romance, sci-fi amidst all the action. The actors and actresses' acting were superb, I thought that even Rihanna did a good job portraying her character. They portrayed the human weaknesses and characters well. I thought that the tactical battle was the best part of the movie. O(≧∇≦)O The movie has a decent amount of suspense moments to keep viewers on the edge of their seat (well, for me, at least (^_~) it even made Nurul beg the characters to run away hahaha, funny girl ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ )

~Battleship movie poster~

I was glad that the movie makers didn't make the female characters as typical "damsels in distress". Initially I thought that Rihanna's character would be the "Smurfette" in the movie, but I was quite mistaken cause she had quite a lot of screen time alongside the guys, and that she wasn't the only important girl character. xD The movie even ingeniously showed the true format of the actual "Battleship" game , which features "coordinates". :)

Liam Neeson you awesome actor you!

I liked the mech and bodysuit designs too. The CGed alien ships were so awesome! xD

In a nutshell, I really loved the movie. (-ω- )☆

The only downside I see is the fact that one of the final dialogues seems to be targeted towards the fujoshis (-A-) It's nothing serious, but I don't see the need for that particular dialogue, actually. =/ Not gonna spoil it here.

I definitely recommend this movie for those who action & sci-fi fans! Or basically to those who like lots and lots of explosions in general! Badass movies ftw! :D

My thoughts? ★ ★ ★ ★ ★, definitely!

That's it for today!

Goodnight~ m(_ _)m

1 comment: