Friday, May 9, 2014

A Little Encouragement

Hi everyone!

Sometimes, I forget who watches anything I post on FB. :)
Earlier today, I shared this image of a Kekkaishi illustration WIP.

Yes I was watching Kekkaishi on the second screen while colouring lol

I was pleasantly surprised when my ex-boss commented on the photo, asking what the illustration was for. She loves Japan & knew that I was involved in anime conventions, so I told her that it was for an illustration fanbook.

She said “do u know that the manga ka for this is a female? Good drawing : ) ”

It’s probably just me, but reading between the lines, I think she was encouraging me, like meaning to say “this great mangaka is a female, so you can do it, too!

Regardless of whether she meant it as a normal statement or just a little compliment, I thought it was a really kind gesture. ^_^ Small things like this really do make one’s day.

Moreover, I had no idea that she was a fan of Kekkaishi & Yellow Tanabe (the mangaka) too! (lol my ex-boss rocks)
What a small world. I guess it really is true that people don’t attract that which they want, but that which they are. (it’s a quote by James Allen)

Thanks (ex)boss. I’ll work hard!

Take care & goodnight everyone >w<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment