Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Voice acting audition, gift exchange with housemates

Ya minna! (^o^)/

Happy Valentine's or SAD day lawl. Happy Maulidur Rasul too! Hope you all have had a nice holiday ;D

Apparently it's a White Valentine for my Endoh-san haha. It's snowing where he lives lawl. GAAAAH I WANT MY TYPICAL "PUT-YOUR-HAND-IN MY-POCKET-CAUSE-YOU-FORGOT-YOUR-MITTENS" SCENE WITH HIM GRAHH *emo* TAT //kicked//

WAIT FOR ME ENCHAAAAAANNNNNN *moeru* >8DDDD

I want to give him my hand-made chocolates. sobs ;___; *hopeless romantic mode*

Anyway!
I went to my very first Voice Acting audition on 13 February 2011.
Firecrackers Studio was looking for voice actors and voice actresses for the upcoming local animation, "Hikayat Inderaputera".
Needless to say, the summary of the story shows that the storyline is quite cliche'd, but what matters is that if the execution is good right? (u.~)
You know, amnesia, prince, heir to the throne but he didn't know it, etc etc.
The taxi driver Uncle was really nice! he had a thick...Kelantanese (?) accent.
I even saw Mr Os, an ex-actor at the taxi stand. He's working as a taxi driver now :D
I had a little trouble finding the studio at first, cause Google Maps didn't show the complete address.

Photobucket

You can see how quiet and desolate the place was >_> after a while, it got a bit creepy lawl.
I think I was walking around for about 40 minutes before finding the place @___@
Luckily, I had the somewhat complete one written down on a piece of paper. (I was late in realising that of course) =_=;;;
It was a hot day, and due to my nervousness, I forgot to drink some water before the audition. OTL;;

Photobucket

Finally found the entrance, which did not have a sign stating the location of the studio T___T
The receptionist had to babysit a baby and a kid. The baby was so cute <3
I tried for Nenek Kebayan and Suri, but I did a horrible Nenek voiceacting hahaha.
In spite of my tongue-twister warm up i did in the morning, one of the typical symptoms that came out during the audition was "speaking too fast" due to nervousness and slight fumbling in the sentences (like kau became engkau lawl).
I managed to slow down a bit in the later parts of the script orz.
I knew I was supposed to do Malay tongue twisters instead of the English one. Nooooo (T3T)
The guy told me guidelines on what type of feel he wanted for the first few phrases in the script.
He wanted to see how I would do for the final three lines, which included probably the uncoolest/tackiest line of all:
"Bukan apa, aku...aku tak mahu kehilangan kau berdua *mengeluh*"

...or something like that.

HAHAHAHA OMGAR ORZZZ I couldn't believe I said that 8DDD;;;
I could feel my right cheek twitching, but since that audition was my big chance (and it was recorded on camera), I held back from rofling on the spot :P
The audition wasnt a "complete success", but I was glad cause the person auditioning me liked my voice acting for Suri, a not-so-ladylike 15-year old hunter girl. OwO
Yay! I don't know how the other candidates did, tho O3O;;;
Although the character is the youngest, she acts like an onee-san to everyone.
Reminds me a bit of my friend Ryu. Hahaha! :P

But apparently they posted a video on some of the voice acting auditions.
I couldn't view it in the office, but I hope my face isn't in it OTL;;;
Anyway! Waiting for the results in two weeks' time. OwO
Curious to know the results haha.

When I called the taxi service to pick me up, I had trouble describing the place (because the building's name has been taken off from the place orz).

Photobucket

Near the stairs to Indah Water, there was an outlet with a number of aquaria, which were literally filled with large fishies. O___O
Yeap, congestion problem there.
Some of the poor fishes died because they jumped/fell out of the aquaria. T_T

Photobucket

Eventually, a funny taxi driver man came to pick me up.
He told me jokes about his experiences in massage rooms, because he was talking about the nearby Thai Massage centres. xD

..............

On another subject, me and my housemates held a gift-exchange-makan2-event thingie at home.

Photobucket
The presents! I received the green one, based on random number voting.

And inside is:
Photobucket

It's a really pretty candle stand thingie *w*
Now I can use aromatherapy at home. Hahaha! XD
I'll buy lavender cause it's for stressed people lolol.

The food was sooooo yummy XQ______

Photobucket

On the other hand, I've started doing daily vocal exercises for singing xD
I really, really, really want smooth, strong vocals @___@

Allright! That's it for now ;D

Take care all! <(_ _)>

4 comments:

  1. haha lawl got gar girl in the animation ka 8D;;; (teringat jugak aku LAWL)

    I wished I could've gone with you QvQ though I was really happy to meet my abang angkat TvT Next time tabun nee~!

    And I'm sure you did great :9 (poor fishies btw D; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. lololol. yea. XD i wonder if my weird Malay language accent terkeluar lawl. yeah she reminded me of you a bit la.

    lol its okie la family and other stuff are more important ne ;D

    hahaha! Thanks dear, I hope so xD;;;

    "Bukan apa, aku...aku tak mahu kehilangan kau berdua *mengeluh*" <--I made my housemates geli with this lines for a few days 8Db

    ReplyDelete
  3. LAWL SO EPIC THAT LINE. it's like.. one of those soap opera lines that Maine likes to repeat 8D;;;

    LOLOLOL everytime I try to imagine how to voice it out, I get all these farney versions HAHA. I wonder how you did it 8DD I'd burst out laughing LAWL.

    "Nampak nye... aku perlu berusaha lebih *mengeluh*" LAWL 8D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah the poor fishies...actually more than five were dead on the floor (but the fishies looked so kesian i couldnt upload the pic) The outlet was closed and the water was overflowing, really kesian the fishes in the tanks ;_;

    Actually i was really close to laughing after i "mengeluh" PFFT I was like "God please give me strength" hahaha;;;;. But i think i used my upper middle voice so at least I sounded like a girl. hahaha! I'd try demo-ing it to you but probly id rofl to no end :P

    exactly, like ones Maine likes to repeat =w=

    Iye sahabatkoo, anda perlu lebih ber us-ha! *menepuk bahumu dengan penuh kelelakian*

    ReplyDelete